Saturday, March 22, 2008

Phishing isn't fun when theres no worms......

Last Night, diediedie666 was sent a message on Xbox Live from someone on his friends list promising 5000 microsoft points in exchange for his email and password. Its pretty obvious that he gave it to the prick. 2 hours later, his info was already changed so he couldn't log back in to xbox live. The email and password used to create the account were both different. This is a warning to anyone else who has been offered such a deal. Its safe to say, like the internet, theres hackers everywhere. Since last night, the name has already downloaded 2 xbox arcade games and has a few more achievements. To make the situation even worse, the email and password used to create diediedie666 was his aol account and password. When i signed on at around 4 a.m. I had already been sent the same message as did everyone on his friends list. In essence, the problem now is that this N*** N*** now has control of his aol account as well as his xbox live account until all of this is sorted out. The message he got last night is as follows.......

Yo I got this microsoft point generator, i can send you 5000 points in 10 mins it's pretty cool, I got like 25000 points right now I don't know what to do with them.


He told my brother that he was an XNA game developer. Pricks like this should be hung and castrated in my opinion. This is simply a warning to anyone that gets such an offer as a message. I live by the philosophy that anything that seems too good to be true, definately is. When its all said and done, the best case scenario is that my brother loses his xbox live name and his almost 7000 achievement score. I will keep everyone updated as i find out more info.

No comments: